Before I complete [start] a post on 2015 reflections and 2016 ideas, there is something FAR more pressing to share. That is, the BEST EVER smoothie I just enjoyed after today’s long run. Pizza may be my addiction, but smoothies are right up there with a high quality wood-fired pizza. There’s something quite satisfying about a well put together concontion that is nearly equal parts nutritious and delicious (and quick and convenient).
The smoothie was so good I didn’t even think to take a photo, but fortunately the overhelming satisfaction of the smoothie did not erase my memory of the ingredients. I should note that I don’t measure ingredients so for reference, the following list filled the larger NutriBullet cup…
World’s Best Smoothie
- Handful of spinach
- Bunch of frozen blueberries
- One frozen banana
- Nearly two servings of a vanilla whey protein (we get some fancy one at the co-op)
- Teaspoon (maybe a little more) of cinnamon
- KEY INGREDIENT: Full fat can of coconut milk (the key being that it’s the thick kind from a can)
- A little extra coconut milk from a carton because this is one creamy smoothie
Blend it up!
Because running makes me a happier person, and happy people are nice, I shared my best ever smoothie with Jen. She thought it was amazing too.
After a very rough final four miles of a 17 mile long run, this smoothie more than made up for the less than stellar miles. Try one today!